We have developed resources for committee members of ethnic community associations. This includes the ‘Easy to Use Working Manual’ that provides information, tools and resources to support community-based organisations in Queensland. You can access the manual in it’s entirety below.
What you need to think about and what you need to do to set up a member-based community association and where you can get more information and support.
Chapter 2: Organisational structures
There are a number of choices you can make when setting up your association. In this chapter you will get some understanding of the different types of structures you can choose from and gains an understanding of the steps needed to establish the association under the structure you select.
Chapter 3: Governance
This chapter is about running a community-based organisation and will cover:
- the role and responsibilities of the management committee
- what are the various types of meetings
- how meetings should be conducted
- the roles and responsibilities of subcommittees.
Chapter 4: Financial management
This chapter focuses on financial management and will explain:
- what records must be kept
- how to receive and bank money
- how to record financial transactions
- how to set up an asset register
- what to do with bank statements
- how to use petty cash
- The responsibilities of the management committee.
Chapter 5: Legal and operational framework
This chapter will explain the legal requirements relating to:
- the Australian Business Number (ABN)
- the Annual Financial Report and Audit
- Risk Assessment
- Occupational Health and Safety
Chapter 6: Fundraising
This chapter explains what your organisation must do before it looks for funding, how it can go about looking for money and where it can go to raise money:
- public fundraising
- trusts and foundations
Chapter 7: Project planning
This chapter covers the steps involved in planning a project:
- needs identification
- project design
Chapter 8: Project management
This chapter will cover:
- formation of a project steering committee
- project management tips
- employment of project staff
- tips for using the media
1. Memorandum of Understanding
2. Model Rules
3. Application for Incorporation
4. Application For Approval To Conduct Audit Or Provide Verification Statement
5. Risk Assessment
6. Volunteer Personnel Templates
7. Sample Code Of Conduct For Management Committee And Members
8. Application for Registration as a Charity
We can also help connect you with other services and relevant resources. If you are looking for resources about ethnic community associations, contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3844 9166.