Bright Future Project
The Bright Future Project provides an accredited training in Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home & Community) to eligible participants. The project will provide:
- 22 weeks of theory training in a classroom environment at the South Brisbane TAFE (3 days per week)
- Weekly ‘simulated training’ in a clinical laboratory to apply theory into practice
- 3 weeks of on the job training with local aged/home care employers
- Comprehensive leaner support from experienced teachers and bi-cultural project staff
- Individual support to improve the student’s job application writing and interview skills
- Case management support to students with complex needs and provide referrals
ECCQ and TAFE Queensland will work in partnership to provide comprehensive learner support to help students complete the training and find employment in aged care/home & community services.
To be eligible, disadvantaged Queenslanders must be:
- aged 15 years or older and no longer at school
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen.
This program primarily targets Queensland residents who either:
- are ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistance, or
- require complementary services because they have significant barriers to learning and employment, or
- have accessed Australian Government services for more than six months and remain unemployed.
Achievements to date:
- The training project has reached a wide array of multicultural communities in Brisbane’s metropolitan areas. We have supported 29 students from 14 countries including China, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Sudan, Nepal, Tonga, Papua New Guinea, Japan, India, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines
- More than 96% of students have successfully completed nationally accredited qualifications and 67% of the graduates have already gained employment so far
How to access the project?
If you are interested in participating this project or if you wish to refer your clients to the project, please contact Helena Uhm (Program Officer) on 07 3255 1540 (Ext. 217) or email: email@example.com