In collaboration with Challenge Employment & Training, ECCQ’s Bright Future Project provides support and assistance to culturally and linguistically diverse Queenslanders to undertake formal training to gain nationally recognised skills and vocational qualifications.
The next training programs:
- Cohort 1: commencing 16 April 2018 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing and
- Home & Community Care)Cohort 2: commencing 16 July 2018 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
The project provides:
- 15 week course, including:
- 12 weeks of theory training in a classroom environment; and
- 3 weeks of on the job training with local employers
- comprehensive leaner support from experienced teachers and bicultural project staff
- individual support to improve the student’s job application writing and interview skills
- case management support to students with complex needs and provide referrals
To be eligible, you must be:
- aged 15 years or older and no longer at school
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen.
- not be employed for more than 6 months
If you are interested in participating or if you wish to refer people to the project, please contact Zack (Program Officer) on 0426 290 038 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Skilling Queenslanders for Work project is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government.