The Ethnic Communities Council of Queensland (ECCQ) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Information ECCQ Collects
- Unidentified details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as our newsletter sign-up form.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason, such as information received through the contact us form.
Use of Your Information
The information that ECCQ collects and stores relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide you with information, updates and news regarding our work or that of the sector. In addition, ECCQ may use the information to provide you with information requested from us, relating to our work.
ECCQ does not share personal information with other organisations or individuals outside of ECCQ except in the following limited circumstances:
- ECCQ has your consent. ECCQ requires opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- ECCQA has, in good faith, belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violation thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ECCQ, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Storing Your Personal Data
ECCQ uses industry standard security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control.
Data that is provided to us is stored on secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore ECCQ cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Access to Information
Should you wish to receive information on what details that ECCQ hold about you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy is effective from February 2012.